Is Handwriting Still Alive?



    This art project called Ecriture Infinie (Infinite Writing) by artist Bili Bidjocka and curated Simon Njami is one of the most brilliant things I've seen in a while. Bili is compiling these massive gigantic notebooks (8 of them) full of people's handwritten words all around the world. His idea is to create a universal piece of literature that brings people together, his purpose being the process.


    Any ideas to what you would jot down? I would really have to put some though into it, especially since Bili wants people to write as if it were their last words. This idea inspires me in many ways, first off I am intrigued about handwriting styles around the world in general, (it is the graphic designer in me) but also people's inner dialog and where they place their values. It also inspires me to restart a handwritten journal opposed to my computerized one.



    Thoughts? When is the last time you did something handwritten? Is handwriting still alive?



    (via cool hunting // Photos from Ecriture Infinie )

Post Title

Is Handwriting Still Alive?


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2011/09/is-handwriting-still-alive.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive