Ellen Raskin





    Here is my favorite book find of the week, "Nothing Ever Happens on my Block" by Ellen Raskin. (yay.. only $.25 again.) I dig the thin black and white line drawings with flashes of bold color throughout and the quirky story adds to its charm. Ellen was an extremely gifted artist, designer, and writer, who won many awards during her lifetime, including the Newbery Award for this cover. She stated, "I try to say one thing with my work: A book is a wonderful place to be. A book is a package, a gift package, a surprise package -- and within the wrappings is a whole new world and beyond." Love that quote.

Post Title

Ellen Raskin


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2008/06/ellen-raskin.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive