Favorite Local Food Spots in Salt Lake City



    Since there are lots of people coming into town for Alt this week (yay!!) I thought I would highlight my ten favorite foodie places around the Salt Lake City area for those looking for a place to try. Although I'm not originally from Utah and still have many places yet to give a go, these are ones I thought of off the top of my head, and have always come away with memorable experiences. See my entire list and map after the jump...

    Forage : My favorite restaurant in Salt Lake hands down. Mac took me here a few weeks ago again for my birthday and it is an overall artistic and enjoyable food experience. If you are a foodie this is a must! It is a smaller place and only open for dinner, a little spendy but you will come away with a very memorable evening. They are taking away numerous awards lately including one of the top restaurants in the U.S.


    Les Madeleines : My favorite Bakery! Their specialty Kouing-aman is amazing and sells out fast! It was even highlight on the Food Network. The Carrot Cake Cookie is yummy as well and pretty much everything else. For lunch I enjoy their Sesame Chicken Salad Wrap.

    Cucina Toscana : I haven't been to them all but this is my favorite Italian spot in the area. So delicious and the service in impeccable.

    Tulie Bakery : Patterned after Tartine in San Francisco this Bakery has more of a modern and minimal fresh and European atmosphere and the yummy bakery items are top notch. I enjoy their Banana Creme Tarts but most things are delectable!

    Mazza : If you are wanting something a little different to try-- go for the Middle Eastern cuisine of Mazza. There are two locations and it is really yummy food.

    Porcupine Grill : If you like pub food this place is pretty good and a perfect after ski hangout.

    Lone Star Taqueria: Quick authentic Mexican food. Their fish tacos and salad are amazing with new fresh fish selections daily, I also often see many skiers and boarders here after hitting the slopes.

    Red Iguana Restaurant : Best Mexican food in Utah! There is also a few different locations.

    Takashi : Some of the best sushi in town.

    Pawit's Royale Thai : Best Thai food I've ever had in Utah. The Gang Kra Lee (Yellow Curry) is really good.

    If you end up heading south of Salt Lake City to Utah County here are two other favorites :

    Pizzeria 712 : Yummy Pizza, their ham & cheddar panini is incredible and the desserts are yummy too. Although an interesting location, I love the atmosphere.

    Communal Restaurant: Delicious food and they are now open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Worth a trip for sure with a great designer ambience.


    View Salt Lake City Favorites in a larger map

    I know I am missing many great spots as I am only limiting this to ten, but add to the list -- what are your favorites? Shout them out in the comments!

    (photos all by black eiffel : 1: Breakfast at Communal | 2: Seasonal Vegetable Medley at Forage | 3: Pain au Chocolate from Les Madeleines | 4: Outside of Tulie Bakery)

Post Title

Favorite Local Food Spots in Salt Lake City


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2011/01/favorite-local-food-spots-in-salt-lake.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive