Homasote and Inspiration Boards

    A few weeks ago I covered and hung two 4' x 8' homasote boards in my office, it has been something I've been wanting to do for a long time and I finally got around to doing it. Like a brand new sketch book or blank canvas my two empty boards hang awaiting my pins to pushed. Lately, I've been looking for inspiring creative boards to get my juices flowing of how I am going to first start hanging things. Here are a few I am currently digging.


    1: Drew Barrymore's Board from Domino.


    2: Design for Mankind did an amazing downloadable e-zine about inspiration boards last month, where I saw Erika's board.


    3: From the great blog Inspiration Boards the creative walls of Meg Warner.

    DIY:
    Homasote is an awesome and inexpensive material to use for inspiration/creative boards. It is soundproofing material composed of recycled newsprint that is excellent for push pins etc. If you are interested on where to find it go here, from my experience of asking multiple Home Depot and Lowe's employees about this stuff... they had no idea what I was talking about, "homa-what? was usually the response." (Perhaps that is why it took me so long to complete.) If you want to see a great 'DIY' tutorial check out this post from Shiso Mama. Apartment Therapy, and Martha, have also talked about it.

Post Title

Homasote and Inspiration Boards


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2008/03/homasote-and-inspiration-boards.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive