Baby, It's Cold Outside


    We had our first snow flurries today in Nashville. And if snow is starting to hit the South, then it is getting cold everywhere. And when I say cold I mean brutally cold. When it gets this cold, style often goes by the wayside in favor of Michelin Man inspired puffy jackets and those old woolly gloves. Well, just because it's cold outside is no excuse to not look your best! There are plenty of ways to look great in coats, gloves and scarves - just be sure to pick the right ones. So watch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday cold weather looks.


    A great way to stay warm is a classic green parka. I love mine and wear it often. This one from ASOS is great, a good length and a faux-fur lined collar. Wear it with a chambray button down and a creme circle scarf. In terms of keeping warm I think circle scarves are the way to go. They hold very close to your neck so all the warmth stays in. My personal favorite are the circle scarves from American Apparel. I currently own three. Layer with a sweater over the chambray top for added warmth. Instead of wearing sweats to stay warm, wear leggings which are more body-conscious and flattering. I always have the issue of leggings riding up, and while I am generally opposed to the idea of stirrup leggings, if they are hidden in boots or booties you can't quite tell they are stirrup pants. Finally, wear a pair of dark brown suede gloves like these from Urban Outfitters, and a trendy pair of shearling booties.

Post Title

Baby, It's Cold Outside


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2010/12/baby-it-cold-outside_06.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive