Horse Play


    Yep, that's me. I rode horses for fifteen years. That's why, whenever the equestrian trend becomes popular, I almost want to laugh. For me, the only thing I can think about is excruciatingly hot days and being forced to wear jodhpurs, tall boots, a long sleeve shirt, and a wool jacket. I hardly think of effortless blouses tucked into skinny jodhpur pants with ankle booties and an oversized scarf. But, the equestrian trend is back in full force. Therefore, I think it is worthwhile to explore how I could take my riding clothes out of my utilitarian mindset, and bring them into my wardrobe as stylish pieces. First, here are some splurge versus save options for equestrian inspired jackets, boots, and jodphurs.

    1. DKNY Stretch Wool Riding Jacket 345. 2. Silence and Noise Velvet Trim Riding Jacket 88.
    2. Volatile Women’s Jockey Boot 49.

    1. Steffen Schraut Leather Trimmed Pant 230.


    Here's what I would wear with equestrian inspired jackets. Obviously, I would wear my favorite jeans, the Stilt by AG. But any skinny jean you like would work. A long olive blouse will nicely compliment the structured blazer. I also love these Nine West open-toe ankle booties with perforated leather. Finish the outfit with a chunky necklace in a neutral color, I like this silver chain braided necklace.



    To wear with riding boots, I would wear skinny black pants, or leggings, tucked into the boots. Over the black pants, I would wear this lovely DKNY cashmere tunic which hits mid-thigh. Underneath this sweater I would wear a dark gray v-neck. And to top it off with a pop of color, wear a knit cranberry eternity scarf, or any other scarf in a fall color. 


    Finally, toothpick riding pants look great with an oversized sweater, especially in a fun print like this fair isle knit. Pair it with a white v-neck for a neutral underpiece and a cream colored scarf, this one with pom-poms is especially fun. With dark brown ankle boots this look is perfect for fall while also embracing the trend.















Post Title

Horse Play


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2010/09/horse-play.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive