Spotlight NYC: Guggenheim



    We went to the Guggenheim while in NYC what was it --- three weeks ago, (finally today I got around to downloading my pics from my camera) I've been busy. The architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright's Guggenheim is awe-striking especially inside, and the circular pattern drawing back to nature, makes for an interesting exhibition space and museum experience.

    The current exhibit was a selection of works by well-known 96-year-old Louise Bourgeois which was thought provoking, and intriguing but may not be for everyone. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't take my grandma or future tween, (too many erotic elements and mutilated body parts for their eyes). In fact, I know my 16-year-old brother, husband, and the majority of my family struggled with many of her conceptual thoughts. She has been known to say that 'her art is her life', and what I took away from it, is that she has lived an extremely damaged and tragic one. Anyone else seen that exhibit... thoughts?

Post Title

Spotlight NYC: Guggenheim


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2008/08/spotlight-nyc-guggenheim.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive