My Net Diary vs. Calorie King



    When my husband and I had treo and blackberry phones we loved using Calorie King as a means of effectively tracking our health progress.

    In a nutshell our plan entailed,
    1 - finding out what our weight, bmi, and health desires were.
    2 - choosing how many calories and nutrients our body needs.
    3- using Calorie King's food database to electronically track our progress and consumption.

    After we both got new phones, we were bummed to find out that although you can use their online software, Calorie King doesn't jive with the iPhone. We inquired after their intentions, and they wrote back stating that they did not have any current plans to write software for the iPhone platform. Boo.

    After that sad news, my husband kept searching for viable solutions and most often would come up with nada. That was until a few days ago -- we are now happy to say hello to My Net Diary. I believe it has only been out a few days for the iPhone, but I used it yesterday and it is quite a remarkable little program. It has a large food database as well as the ability to input exercise, water intake, custom foods as well as nifty little tracking charts. Yay!

    With the gazillion dollar health and fitness industry, there are lots of excellent ways to track your health progress, we have just found that this way works for us. Basically this method is all about knowing and tracking what you consume -- calories in and calories out.

    In summary, if you use a palm based phone CalorieKing is a great solution. For the iPhone, MyNetDiary is the only comparable solution we have found. If you don't have either of those types of phones or a phone at all, both of these companies also have online memberships.

    What makes you feel healthy and fit? Is there a goal and tracking solution that works best for you? I would really love to hear about it.

    (image from Real Simple)

Post Title

My Net Diary vs. Calorie King


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-net-diary-vs-calorie-king.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive