California Living -- by Michele Katen

    I grew up in Connecticut where the houses are conservative colonials,with straight lines, paned windows, and wood siding. When I moved to California, the Eichler homes were fresh and exciting to me. Their sharp angles, low-sloping roof and floor to ceiling windows continue to hold my artistic interest.

    This is an example of a typical colonial home in Darien, Connecticut.




    Joseph Eichler created these prefabricated modern homes in the 1950's. Here is a present day example of an Eichler in Palo Alto, California.




    A promotional brochure for the Eichler from the 1950's.

Post Title

California Living -- by Michele Katen


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2008/08/california-living-by-michele-katen.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive