Red at the Office


    Outfit details: Dress, Three Dots; tights, DKNY; Vince Camuto
    Why it works: Red is my color, obviously. And red at the office can work, if you keep in mind a couple of things:
    a) Red is a powerful color, so it will dominate whatever you have on; don't wear anything else that will compete with it, like animal print or another bright color;
    b) red with neutrals is always a good office look- here, the grey tights and black shoes compliment the dress, but don't distract from it; and
    c) fit is everything- this dress fits wells, gives me a (faux) waist, and hits at the knee.
    What it needs: I think it's perfect the way it is. Jewelry would been to distracting or just get lost.
    Dress it up: change shoes and add a cocktail ring.
    Dress it down: switch out the tights and heels for flats and a bare leg.
    This dress is a great transitional piece; I am wearing to an event I am attending tonight, and it will be just as great there as at the office!
    P.S. All photos of me are courtesy of Sean, amateur photographer extraordinaire.

Post Title

Red at the Office


Post URL

http://inddecor.blogspot.com/2008/07/red-at-office.html


Visit inddecor for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive